• For the period of 2005-2010, ICT expenditure in Malaysia is expected to grow at a Compounded Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of over 10 per cent.
• By 2010, International Data Corporation forecasted that ICT expenditure in Malaysia will reach RM22 billion.
• The development and widespread usage of information and communication technologies (ICT) are central to the realisation of Vision 2020 of a knowledge-based economy.
• ICT usage has improved efficiencies among the Malaysian enterprises and has also directly increased Malaysia’s competitiveness in the global economy.
• Viewed favorably by multinational corporations for its competitiveness in the global arena, Malaysia was recently ranked in the top three of the services and outsourcing industry worldwide.
• Malaysia is also a preferred choice for IT off-shoring for companies in the West Asia. Progressive Government policies and efforts in offering a world-class environment and attractive incentives through special zones will continue to attract businesses from around the globe.
• The MSC Malaysia is evident of the Government’s support and encouragement towards the development of both talent and technology to stay competitive in the global arena.
• As at 31 December 2007, a total of 1,994 companies were granted MSC Status by the Multimedia Development Corporation Sdn. Bhd.
• The companies are categorised into 6 main technologies namely creative multimedia, internet-based business, shared services and outsourcing, application software and mobility embedded hardware & software (MeSH), and institutions of higher learning.
IT COMPANIES IN ECER
KRIM NETWORK SDN BHD
No. 589-A, Jalan Nesan Empat, 20000 Kuala Terengganu, Terengganu, Malaysia.
Tel: +609-6270320 / Fax: +609-6226059
KRIM Network Sdn Bhd is a Malaysian Multimedia Super Corridor (MSC) status company. The company specialises in supporting socio-economic development programmes. The Software Unit provides the information technology to assist portfolio managers plan and monitor a wide range of development programmes.
The Software Unit develops and maintains web based database application systems for programmes on bridging the digital divide, poverty, community service, economic intelligence, rural economic development, human capital development and budgetary expenditure monitoring. The company is among the very few that addresses the importance of effectiveness and efficiency when implementing programmes.
KRIM Network Sdn Bhd was established in 1997 and was originally involved in the business of conducting motivational courses and industrial training. Since then, the company has grown from its conventional business activities into the information technology media. The company is presently one of the leading information technology companies in Terengganu, with projects in Putrajaya, Kuala Lumpur, Perak and Selangor.